Oils play an important role in skincare. Contrary to popular belief, facial oils are good for oily and acne-prone skin too, the trick is to find non-comedogenic oils (argan oil, castor oil, hemp seed oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, squalane) which would radiance and lustre to your skin. We all know the importance of moisturisation and hydrating the skin to prevent premature ageing and to preserve skin’s softness and suppleness. Today, we are talking about an under-rated, non-comedogenic oil that’s great for all skin types including oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin. In this post, we are going to learn about the benefits of camellia oil and find out how do you use camellia oil on your face. Read on for more details.
What is Camellia Oil:
Camellia flowers are popular as Chanel’s symbol, but this flower’s oil is gaining popularity in the beauty industry and is widely used skincare products. Camellia oil, which is also called as tsubaki oil (in Japanese) is commonly used in Japanese cuisine. This healthy cooking oil has made into Japanese beauty rituals just like coconut oil has found its way from kitchen cabinets to dressing tables in India 😛 This traditional oil has been around in Japan for over centuries, but it’s only recently that it is gaining prominence for its numerous benefits.
Camellia oil effortlessly penetrates deeply into the skin without clogging pores or causing acne. It has nourishing properties and contains omega-9 fatty acids, vitamin E, polyphenols. It also has plant collagen and proteins. It’s loaded with essential fatty acids and lipids that are similar of what you find in your skin. The best part It doesn’t gives a greasy effect on the skin.
How To Use Camellia Oil:
1. As a facial serum: Camellia oil is a lightweight and dry oil. This means that the molecules are tiny enough to be absorbed into the skin immediately instead of just sitting on top of the skin. Camellia oil penetrates deep into the skin and hydrates it without leaving a greasy residue. Camellia oil can be used right after cleansing and toning as a moisturiser, post which you can layer on sunscreen and makeup.
2. Anti-ageing oil: It’s an highly effective anti-aging oil because it is rich in antioxidants and omega fatty acids that feed skin cells and prevent signs of ageing like fine line and saggy cheeks! You could apply it every night as a night moisturizer or mask.
3. As a repairing oil: Camellia oil works really well as a repairing oil for damaged skin and it can be used on eczema, psoriasis, irritated skin, etc. With regular use, skin woes will vanish. Omega fatty acids in this oil form a protective barrier over skin encouraging quick healing.
4. As a facial moisturiser: You could just add a few drops of the oil with your regular moisturiser or makeup foundation and apply it over the skin for added benefits.
5. Leave in hair-serum: Japanese women vouch for the benefits of using camellia oil on their freshly-washed hair as a hair serum. This oil conditions hair and makes it silky, while imparting a beautiful and healthy shine. Use a few drops of oil on the palms and apply at ends of the hair and brush it through. Regular usage can improve hair health.
Hope this article encourages you to add camellia oil into your skincare and beauty regimen.
Source: Makeupandbeauty.com – Pavithra K