Alex Wong/Getty; Getty Heritage Images; Taryn Colbert/Business Insider
- Some of the world’s richest people in tech have a fairly modest taste when it comes to cars.
- Find out what Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, and Elon Musk are driving.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Some of the world’s most successful tech moguls have a fairly modest taste when it comes to picking cars to drive.
In fact, the world’s richest man, the CEO and founder of Amazon – Jeff Bezos – was seen driving a Honda Accord as recently as 2013.
With this in mind, we decided to find out what the vehicle of choice is for some of the other big names in tech. Scroll on to find out what the tech titans are driving:
Christophe Morin/IP3/Getty Images; Getty SOPA Images
Facebook CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg is worth more than $75 billion which makes him the fifth richest person in the world.
Despite this, Zuckerberg has far from extravagant tastes when it comes to cars, clothes, and travel.
He’s been seen in a black Acura TSX, a Volkswagen hatchback, and a Honda Fit, all of which are valued at or under $30,000.
Joshua Roberts/Reuters; Getty Heritage Images
Bezos, Amazon’s founder and CEO, is currently the richest person in the world yet he doesn’t seem to be too fussed about splashing out on expensive cars.
According to the book "The Everything Store," Bezos was still driving a Honda Accord as recently as 2013. That said, Bezos does own a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet.
Lucy Nicholson/Reuters; Tesla
As CEO of Tesla, Elon Musk’s choice of wheels won’t be a huge surprise.
In a recent tweet, Musk revealed that he does have favorites and mostly drives the Tesla Model S Performance, which costs around $90,000 and was recently awarded the best car among a selection of "cars of the year."
He also said he occasionally drives Tesla’s Model 3 Performance and Model X when he’s with his kids.
In addition to driving Teslas, Musk also drives and owns a Ford Model T and a Jaguar E-Type Series 1 Roadster.
But perhaps his most impressive car is the 1976 Lotus Esprit submarine car, which was used in the 1977 James Bond movie film, "The Spy Who Loved Me," which he bought at auction in London for $997,000.
- Jeff Bezos just sold $1.8 billion worth of Amazon shares — here’s our best guess at why
- These are the best five players on every NFL team, according to ‘Madden 20’
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell cleans her airplane seats with disinfectant wipes before sitting down, and you should too