Photo by Melina Mara/The Washington Post via Getty Images
- Hillary Clinton announced on Twitter Saturday that her youngest brother has died.
- Tony Rodham, 65, died the previous night, Clinton wrote, and leaves behind his wife and three children.
- Clinton wrote that her brother was "kind," "generous," and that "when he walked into a room he’d light it up with laughter."
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Hillary Clinton’s youngest brother Tony Rodham died Friday night, the former Democratic presidential candidate said on Twitter Saturday.
"We lost my brother Tony last night. It’s hard to find words, my mind is flooded with memories of him today," Clinton tweeted. "When he walked into a room he’d light it up with laughter."
Clinton wrote that her brother was "kind," "generous," and that "when he walked into a room he’d light it up with laughter."
Rodham is survived by wife Megan Madden and his three children, Zach, Simon, and Fiona.
He was previously married to former Sen. Barbara Boxer’s daughter, Nicole Boxer, whom he married at the White House.
Rodham worked as a prison guard and private detective, according to the New York Times. After former President Bill Clinton took office, Rodham reportedly became a consultant.
- Trump deletes tweet after flubbing congressional procedure after disaster relief bill passes in the House
- ‘I wasn’t involved’: Jared Kushner won’t say whether Trump’s ‘birtherism’ claims against Obama were racist
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez blocked a conservative news outlet on Twitter, and legal experts say that could be unconstitutional