The BAFTAs are just around the corner (10th February) and some of the biggest Hollywood stars will be flying over for the big night – we’re expecting Amy Adams, Lady Gaga and Emma Stone at least, who are all up for awards.
And while we don’t yet know who will win an award, or what will be in their goodie bags, we do know what they can expect from their travels, and it’s luxurious to say the least.
American Airlines has given us a behind the scenes look at the planes which Hollywood A-listers will use to jet over, and they include fully lie-flat seats, Casper bedding, luxury Cole Haan amenity kits and CO Bigelow beauty products, as well as chef curated meals with paired wines hand-selected by a sommelier.
Here’s a list of what they’ll receive below, and how much it’ll cost them:
AIRBUS A321T (LA – New York)
- Private jet style aircraft on a heavily travelled route by talent, agents, producers, directors etc
- 102 seats with a true First and Business Class. European airlines flying this aircraft have approx. 205 – 230 seats on the same plane
- Many celebrities have swapped flying private for this service
- First class passengers have all aisle access
- Business class flights start at £1,259 and First class flights from £1,936 one way
Boeing 777-300 (LA and New York – London)
- Exclusive Flagship First cabin with only eight seats
- Flagship Business cabin offering:
- Fully lie-flat seats with direct aisle access
- Mini cabin at the front of Business Class frequented by celebrities due to its private nature
- Business class flights start at £6,440 and First class flights from £9,270 one way to New York
- Business Class flights to LA start from £8,416 and First Class from £11,222
Both planes offer:
- Lie flat seats, priority boarding
- Casper pyjamas and bedding
- Amenity kits from leading skincare and lifestyle brands C.O. Bigelow and Cole Haan
- Live TV
- Bose Noise Cancellation headphones
- Free WiFi – ‘tweet from your seat’ and stay in touch with your social media followers even at 35,000 feet
- Meals curated meals by acclaimed chef Maneet Chauhan
- Passengers are served delicacies such as filet mignon, chicken cacciatore, braised Tuscan beef stew and native lobster with fennel salad
- Paired wines have been hand-selected by Master Sommellier Bobby Stuckey to complement the food
- Selections range from Trefethen Estate cabernet from the Napa Valley’s Oak Knoll District and Domaine des Sénéchaux châteauneuf-du-pape to Planeta fiano from Sicily and Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle champagne
Then on arrival at Heathrown: Ensuring celebrities are photo-ready with spa like showers, hairdryers, clothes pressing service, healthy à la carte food items such as protein pancakes prepared by rhubarb (the catering company behind Skygarden, Royal Albert Hall).
On arrival in the US, passengers have access to Cadillac Tarmac transfers. Avoid the paparazzi and the crowds when changing terminals or aircraft by travelling in a luxury Cadillac which delivers the customer direct to the waiting aircraft at the gate.
The post Here’s what’s on the jets bringing celebs to the BAFTAs appeared first on Marie Claire.
Source: News – Marie Claire