- Queen Elizabeth II held a banquet Monday night at Buckingham Palace to mark Donald Trump’s state visit to the UK on Monday night — and the menu was classy.
- It included halibut and watercress soup to start, a saddle of British lamb with carrots and summer vegetables for the main course, and lemon cream with French tart for dessert.
- Scroll down for the full menu.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Queen Elizabeth II hosted Donald Trump and his family at a state banquet in Buckingham Palace on Monday evening, and served him a very European menu.
Trump, who is making a three-day state visit to the UK, joined the Queen, Prince Charles, and 14 other royals at the 171-guest banquet in the Buckingham Palace ballroom.
The Queen approved a European bistro menu for the occasion. A version of the menu published by Sky News had all the dishes listed in French.
Here is the menu in full, with the French translated to English in brackets:
Délice de Flétan en Vapeur (Steamed Halibut Fillet)
Mousseline de Cresson Velouté au Cerfeuil (Watercress Mousse with Parsley)
Selle d’Agneau deWindsor Farcie Marigny (Saddle of Windsor Farcie Marigny lamb)
Timbale de Carottes à l’Estragon (Carrot and Tarragon Timbale*)
Panaché de Légumes d’Eté (Selection of Summer Vegetables)
Pommes Elizabeth (Elizabeth-style potatoes)
Tarte Sablée Breton** aux Fraises (Strawberry tart on a Breton shortbread-style base)
Crème à la Verveine (Verbena Cream***)
After that, waiters brought out fresh fruit, coffee, and petit fours.
Other banquet guests included Donald Trump Jr, Ivanka Trump, Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge, US national security adviser John Bolton, and US ambassador to the UK Woody Johnson.
- The Trump baby blimp which makes him ‘feel unwelcome’ has been raised in London to protest his state visit
- 24 photos of Melania and Donald Trump’s historic state visit with the Queen
- The BBC invited a Trump baby blimp — which the president has said he hates — into the studio to mark his UK state visit