Jörg Carstensen/picture alliance via Getty Images
- MacKenzie Bezos tweeted on Thursday that soon-to-be ex-husband Jeff will retain 75% of the couple’s Amazon stake and all of its voting rights.
- Jeff Bezos’ net worth still be more than $100 billion at the current share price.
- Together the Bezoses own 78.8 million shares, or about 16% of the company.
- Watch Amazon trade live.
The Bezos have finalized the terms of their divorce, with Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos retaining 75% of the couple’s stake and all interests in the Washington Post and the space-travel company Blue Origin, MacKenzie said in a Thursday tweet.
Jeff will hold onto 59.1 million shares of Amazon, good for $106.7 billion stake in the company. Meanwhile, MacKenzie will keep 19.7 million shares, worth $35.6 billion at Thursday’s price. MacKenzie has also given all of her voting rights to Jeff, assuring his control over the company.
Together, the couple owned 78.8 million shares, or about 16% of the company. Amazon shares ended Thursday down 0.4% at $1,812 apiece following the news.
Markets had initially feared a messy divorce might disrupt Amazon’s business.
Amazon shares were up 20.6% this year through Thursday.
- A look inside the marriage of the richest couple in history, Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos — who met at work, were engaged in 3 months, and are getting divorced after 25 years together
- These are the 23 most popular YouTube stars in the world
- Jeff Bezos is the richest person alive — here’s how he makes and spends his billions