Prince Harry and Meghan Markle welcomed their first child, baby Archie, just three weeks ago, and have been taking some time off to spend some time with their newborn. At the same time, they’re looking to renovate their new home, Frogmore Cottage – so it’s fair to say, they’re pretty busy at the moment.
Now, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are recruiting a new team following the loss of some key members of staff.
Meghan’s private secretary, Amy Pickerall, left her role last month and The Mail on Sunday claims that former US government official, Heather Wong – who held the same position for Harry – has a new role. Meghan’s personal assistant quit just six months after the royal wedding, and the couple’s bodyguard reportedly moved on, too.
The Sussexes are said to be hiring ‘most of their new team from scratch’ and are looking for individuals who have ‘senior leadership and management experience’ and ‘have confidence putting alternative ideas forward.’
They are said to be inviting diplomats to apply for the roles, with a source told the paper: ‘The Foreign Office as an organisation bears a lot of resemblance to the structure of the Royal Household, which is why staff are often selected from there.
‘The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be doing a lot of travel so an appointment from this administration makes sense.’
The palace confirmed to the paper that ‘new staff were being recruited’ but said ‘the search was not confined to the Foreign Office.’
CVs at the ready.
The post Harry and Meghan are recruiting again to build a new team ‘from scratch’ appeared first on Marie Claire.