@NBAonTNT / Twitter
- Hamidou Diallo beat Dennis Smith Jr. in the final of the 2019 NBA Slam Dunk Contest on Saturday.
- The dunk of the night came in the first round, when Diallo dunked over Shaquille O’Neal, hanging on the rim from his elbow and revealing a Superman "S" on his chest.
- Diallo was awarded a perfect 50 for the dunk.
Hamidou Diallo is the 2019 NBA Slam Dunk champion, beating out Dennis Smith Jr. in the final on Saturday of NBA All-Star weekend.
His biggest dunk of the night came in the first round when Diallo enlisted a little help from NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal.
Diallo set O’Neal up a few feet in front of the basket, jumped over him, slammed the ball home, and in an homage to Vince Carter, hung on the rim from his elbow, showing off the Superman "S" hiding under his jersey.
It was absolutely absurd.
Diallo was awarded a perfect 50 by the panel of judges for his dunk and went on to win the contest in the final with ease.
Joe Harris and Jayson Tatum were the other winners of the skills night of All-Star Weekend, winning the 3-Point Contest and Skills Challenge respectively.
More NBA All-Star Game 2019:
- Charles Barkley told a fantastic story about the first time he met an 18-year-old Dirk Nowitzki
- The NBA’s best players struggled to remember what they were doing the first time LeBron James played in the All-Star Game
- The Anthony Davis trade saga that rocked the NBA world is still hanging over the league on its biggest weekend
- Shaquille O’Neal explained why his father’s advice about staying ‘broke’ changed his life
- Shaquille O’Neal says he would be like the ‘Greek Freak’ and average 40 points per game if he played in the NBA today
- Steve Kerr flipped out on a ‘Draymond Rule’ foul and summed up his meltdown with a funny quote after the game