Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
- Comparably, a website that rates companies across numerous categories, released its 2019 Best Leadership Teams list.
- The ranking represents the best management teams, as rated by their employees, across several industries.
- Of the 100 overall companies covered on this list, we’ve compiled the top 25 large firms that were recognized.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
How would you rate your boss?
A Comparably survey asked employees to rate their leaders, starting from the C-Suite and working down to direct managers. Based on anonymous responses over a one-year period, Comparably created a list of the best leadership teams in companies across the United States.
Employees were asked how they viewed their higher-ups, and their responses are telling of how effective leadership can contribute to a stronger company culture.
Comparably, a website that monitors workplace culture and compensation and releases ratings, covered a wide range of industries with this list. The rankings were divided into 50 large companies (with more than 500 employees) and 50 small/mid-sized companies (below 500 employees) with the best leadership teams.
You can find Comparably’s list of best leadership teams for both large and small/mid-size companies online.
Here are the top 25 large firms with the best leadership, according to employees:
Headquarters: Kalamazoo, Michigan
What it does: A medical technology company.
What employees say: "They are experts in the industry and understand that we must innovate and change to meet customer and market demands."
Headquarters: Birmingham, Alabama
What it does: A membership-based online grocery marketplace.
What employees say: "Each member of the executive team truly cares about the company, the customers, and the employees. They regularly make themselves available to all, and do not separate themselves from the rest."
Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts
What it does: A public software as a service (SaaS) company involved in communication and conferencing, identity and access, and customer engagement and support solutions.
What employees say: "No matter how fast the company has grown, the executive team is still very accessible to an individual contributor. Most executives know me by name and have advocated for my career growth."
- Money problems are keeping every generation up at night — check out the biggest financial stressors for every age group
- The 50 best TV show seasons of all time, according to critics
- My VC fund surveyed 36 founders about what they really think of investors, and the results were illuminating