- August 13 is International Lefthanders Day.
- Just 10% of people in the world are left-handed, though many of them occupy high offices.
- Scroll down to see 11 left-handed world leaders — from Benjamin Netanyahu to Barack Obama to Simon Bolivar, the military general who liberated South America.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Though left-handers make up just 10% of the world, many of them have very important jobs.
A surprising number of US presidents, in particular, are left-handers — George HW Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Barack Obama are just three of the lefties to have occupied the Oval Office.
Scroll down to see 11 of the world’s left-handed leaders.
When former US President Barack Obama signed his first executive order in 2009, he said: "That’s right, I’m a lefty, get used to it."
J. Scott Applewhite/AP
Source: Business Insider
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is a lefty.
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta is also one of many left-handed world leaders. Kenyatta, the son of Kenya’s first ever president, has led the country since 2013.
- Grand staircases, state-shaped pools, and a bowling alley in the basement: Here’s what the governor’s mansion looks like in every state
- Here are all the people Trump has pardoned so far — and who he could choose next
- Here are all the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates who have qualified for the September primary debates