- Ford has been around for 116 years, and in that long period of time, it’s produced many important, powerful, and beautiful cars.
- But several Ford vehicles stand out.
- We’ve taken a closer look at the evolution of the Ford Thunderbird, the Lincoln Continental, the F-Series pickup trucks, and the legendary Mustang.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Ford has been around for over a century, and you could certainly argue that its most iconic car was the one that started the auto industry: the Model T.
But the Model T didn’t change much. Ford later discovered the joys of new models, and ever since, the company has been pleasing customers with at-times iconic rides.
Several stand out, both for their longevity and their influence.
We rounded up four: the magnificent Thunderbird, the stylish Lincoln Continental, the indispensable F-Series pickup, and the glorious Mustang. Here’s how they evolved over the decades.
The Ford Model T. This is more of an honorable mention because although it’s certainly the most important car Ford ever built, it didn’t change much.
Ford Motor Company
The Ford Thunderbird. Ford fired back at the Chevy Corvette with its own stylish American take on the roadster.
By 1957, the T-bird had established itself in the youthful US auto market.
- These 20 airlines have the cleanest planes in the world
- The Ford Ranger is an excellent midsize pickup truck — here are its best features
- Here’s what the limos of 8 world leaders look like