@6abcJeannette / Twitter
- Philadelphia Flyers mascot Gritty is still bringing joy to fans across the city.
- On Tuesday, Gritty surprised Caiden O’Rourke, a young Flyers fan who had just received a new, custom Gritty-themed prosthetic leg.
- O’Rourke’s reaction is priceless.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The NHL season might be over, but beloved Philadelphia mascot Gritty is still working hard to bring joy to Flyers fans.
On Tuesday, Gritty surprised 7-year-old Flyers fan Caiden O’Rourke.
According to 6ABC’s Jeanette Reyes, O’Rourke had received a new, custom Gritty-themed prosthetic leg at Philadelphia’s Shriners Hospital for Children.
When it turned out that Gritty was also there to celebrate with O’Rourke, his reaction was reaction is priceless.
When he first debuted, Gritty was a decisive figure, with some initially loathing the orange furball, and others immediately embracing the new Flyers mascot.
But since his debut last fall, Gritty has proven to be a brilliant addition to the City of Brotherly Love, as young Caiden’s reaction shows.
- Read more from Tyler Lauletta:
- The wild life of billionaire Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, who eats one meal a day, dates models, and loves bitcoin
- Illinois just became the first state to legalize marijuana sales through the legislature — here are all the states where marijuana is legal
- Women in New York City and San Francisco are obsessed with these comfortable flats made from recycled water bottles — here’s what they feel like