- Fantasy football season is almost here.
- To help you prepare, we’ve put together a consensus ranking based on the predictions of fantasy experts from several different outlets.
- There’s no wrong way to draft your team, but a bit of guidance from experts never hurts.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Football season is fast approaching and with it, comes fantasy football.
While there’s no foolproof way of drafting your fantasy team, it’s key to get your first few picks right if you hope to compete for your league’s championship.
With the help of Fantasy Pros, we gathered the rankings of 21 experts from Yahoo! Sports, The Action Network, FantasyPros, The Athletic, Walter Football, The Fantasy Footballers, The Washington Post, CBS Sports, theScore, and Sports Illustrated in order to put together a consensus ranking from experts across the sports world.
Running backs are once again the most vital position in the sport, and quarterback looks to be surprisingly deep this year. However, the top QBs will likely still get fantasy players their money’s worth.
Take a look below and plan out your strategy for the first few rounds of your upcoming draft.
1. Saquon Barkley — RB, New York Giants
Average rank: 1.5
2018 stats: 1,307 rushing yards, 721 receiving yards, 15 touchdowns, 294.8 fantasy points
One thing to know: Despite the Giants subpar season in 2018, Saquon Barkley put up superstar numbers. As the centerpiece of New York’s offense, expect him once again to be an important part of the Giants passing game as well as one of the leading rushers in the league.
2. Ezekiel Elliott — RB, Dallas Cowboys
Average rank: 2.2
2018 stats: 1,434 rushing yards, 567 receiving yards, 9 touchdowns, 252.1 fantasy points
One thing to know: Ezekiel Elliott has played three seasons in the NFL. The only year he did not lead the league in rushing, was 2017 when he was suspended for the first six games of the season. As long as he can stay on the field, he’s as close to a sure bet as you can get to finish the year as one of the top running backs in the league.
3. Christian McCaffrey — RB, Carolina Panthers
Chris Graythen/Getty Images
Average rank: 3.0
2018 stats: 1,098 rushing yards, 867 receiving yards, 13 touchdowns, 278.5 fantasy points
One thing to know: Only two men in history have ever finished a season with 1,000 yards rushing and receiving — Marshall Faulk and Roger Craig. Christian McCaffrey has said it’s his goal to join the club this year after falling just 133 yards short in 2018. As a crucial component of the Panthers passing attack, he’s an especially solid early pick in PPR leagues.
- Bengals star receiver AJ Green suffered an injury after the team was forced to play on a practice field that some felt was subpar
- An American family who moved to Nicaragua for a year to live cheaply ended up blowing their $30,000 budget thanks to unexpected costs — but still spent less than life at home in the US
- Jags cornerback Jalen Ramsey arrived at training camp in an armored truck with a hype man yelling ‘It’s time to get that money’ after a contract dispute with the team