- More than 13,000 Facebook users reported issues loading the site on Wednesday, according to Downdetector.com
- Nearly all of the reports came within a window of about 15 minutes starting at 2:30 p.m. EST.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Facebook seemingly went down for thousands of users on Wednesday afternoon, based on reports submitted to Down Detector.
More than 13,000 users reported issues using the site during a 15-minute time span starting at about 2:30 p.m. EST.
After the short time period, many users returned to report that Facebook was working normally again, but a handful of reports continued to trickle in. About 1,000 Instagram users reported issues with the app at about 11 a.m. EST on Wednesday, while WhatsApp users did not appear to have any issues. Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp all suffered from downtime on April 14.
Facebook confirmed the issue in a statement to Business Insider.
"Earlier today, a technical issue caused some people to have trouble accessing Facebook and Messenger," A Facebook spokesperson said. "We quickly resolved this issue for everyone, and we apologize for any inconvenience."
- Here are all the major US tech companies blocked behind China’s ‘Great Firewall’
- Mark Zuckerberg says the Chris Hughes solution to break up Facebook would actually ‘make it a lot harder’ to solve election and privacy problems
- Mark Zuckerberg personally made the decision that Facebook would keep running political ads, even though the ads were weaponized in 2016