Facebook’s having an outage.
The Silicon Valley social network, as well as its photo app Instagram and messaging platform Messenger, went down for some users on Wednesday.
Some users reported they were able to open the social network (albeit slowly) but couldn’t post anything, while for others it wouldn’t load at all.
DownDetector, a website where people can report outages of popular internet services, indicates there has been huge spikes in complaints about Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram over the last hour.
The company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Car-bomb fears and stolen prototypes: Inside Facebook’s efforts to protect its 80,000 workers around the globe
- Facebook quietly killed its Building 8 skunkworks unit as it reshuffles its cutting-edge experiments and hardware
- Leaked Andreessen Horowitz data reveals how much Silicon Valley startup execs really get paid, from CEOs to Sales VPs
This story is developing…
- Elizabeth Warren pulled a ninja move to turn tech angst into a crackdown with real teeth, and tech is going to suffer even if she’s not president
- A Facebook funeral party at its HQ once descended into violence, and security suspected gang involvement
- Elizabeth Warren’s plan to regulate tech giants would force Facebook to break up with WhatsApp and Instagram