- SUVs account for about 50% of vehicle sales in the United States, according to data from the research firm IHS Markit, signaling that its reign in the US auto market is stronger than ever.
- As a result, automakers have sought to deliver new products to consumers seeking more passenger and cargo capacity in the form of seven-seater SUVs.
- Here are all the luxury seven-seater SUVs and crossovers available on the market right now, including from Tesla, Lincoln, and Lexus.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The size and versatility of seven-seater SUVs and crossovers makes them convenient family cars. Now that SUVs account for about 50% of U.S. vehicle sales, it’s no surprise that minivans have lost 35% of their market share over the last 10 years, according to Edmunds and IHS Markit research cited by USA Today.
If you’re in the market for a large, well-appointed SUV — maybe as a replacement for your minivan — here’s a list of all the luxury seven-seater SUVs on sale right now.
2020 Acura MDX: $44,400
2019 Audi Q7: $68,000
The refreshed 2020 model likely won’t be available until next spring.
2020 BMW X5: $58,900
Buyers have the option to add-on a third row of seats to accommodate seven passengers.
- Amazon has quietly ordered 2,000-plus vans to deliver your Prime packages — and UPS and the Postal Service should feel stressed
- UPS is joining FedEx in the rush for 7-day delivery — and it’s a sign that both delivery giants are taking Amazon’s logistics build-up seriously
- Boeing says it could suspend 737 Max production if grounding continues, putting tens of thousands of jobs at risk