- Apple’s next iPhone, presumably called the iPhone 11, is expected to launch in September.
- As we’ve seen with previous years, Apple fans and interested parties have created iPhone 11 dummy models based on descriptions from case manufacturers using rumored dimensions from the latest iPhone leaks and reports.
- Assuming these dummy models are accurate — and they often are, since they’re based off months of reports and rumors that point to the same general design — it’ll be a bummer if Apple plays it safe by using the same basic iPhone design for the third year in a row.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As always, Apple has a new iPhone coming in September. And thanks to the cottage industry of iPhone-dummy-model-making, and YouTubers who are happy to showcase these dummy designs in front of their massive audiences, we now have a pretty good idea of what the next iPhone will likely look like and feel like in person.
These dummy models, mind you, are based off of months of reporting from various news outlets, as well as rumored device dimensions. It’s only mid July, but the design of Apple’s next iPhone has likely been done for months now. Case manufacturers trying to get a jump on things often use this time during the summer to start mass-producing phones, and accessories, based on the rumored device dimensions in time for a September launch.
If you haven’t seen the rumored design of the next iPhone yet, here’s what to expect from Apple later this year.
Several prominent tech YouTubers, including Marques Brownlee (a.k.a. "MKBHD"), Lewis Hilsenteger of Unbox Therapy, and Dave Lee have all gotten their hands on the iPhone 11 dummy models.
All of these dummy models come from China, although Brownlee was the only one who cited his source: his devices came courtesy of Sonny Dickson, a prolific product leaker based out of Australia. He’s been leaking photos of iPhone cases and dummy models for years now.
According to everyone who has the dummy models, it looks like Apple is once again preparing three new iPhones this year: the successors to the iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max.
- How to get the most out of Reminders, Apple’s best application that can make your life so much easier
- ‘Does my iPhone have 3D Touch?’: A guide to the iPhone’s touch-sensitive menu feature, for every iPhone that has it
- How to share or receive a Wi-Fi password on your iPhone with a few taps, and join a new Wi-Fi network without having to type a password in