AP Photo/Nati Harnik
- Charlie Munger is the vice chairman of the Warren Buffett-led Berkshire Hathaway.
- He’s known Buffett for 60 years, and has often shared his opinions on subjects like business, politics, and success.
- We compiled 18 of Munger’s most brilliant quotes.
- Visit Markets Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Charlie Munger is Warren Buffett’s right-hand man.
The 95-year-old investor is vice chairman of the Warren Buffett-led Berkshire Hathaway, a title he’s held since 1978. The pair met all the way back in 1959, and together the partners have built Berkshire Hathaway into the fourth-largest public company in the world. Forbes estimates Munger’s net worth at $1.7 billion.
Over the years, Munger hasn’t been shy to share his opinions on business, politics, and success, and his insight hasn’t gotten any less sharp with age. We compiled 18 of the businessman’s greatest quotes that anyone can learn from.
Here are 18 of Charlie Munger’s most brilliant quotes:
"Not everybody can learn everything. No matter how hard you try, there is always some guy or girl who achieves more. My attitude is, so what? Does any of us need to be at the very top of the whole world? It’s ridiculous."
"You don’t have to have the kind of ability that quantum mechanics requires. You just have to know a few simple things and really know them."
AP Photo/John Peterson
"You don’t have a lot of envy, you don’t have a lot of resentment, you don’t overspend your income, you stay cheerful in spite of your troubles, you deal with reliable people and you do what you’re supposed to do. All these simple rules work so well to make your life better."
- Warren Buffett says Berkshire Hathaway is buying up shares of Amazon, hours before its big annual shareholders’ meeting
- More than 6,200 stores are closing in 2019 as the retail apocalypse drags on — here’s the full list
- How Berkshire Hathaway’s annual meetings exploded to become must-go carnivals for Warren Buffett disciples around the world