Prime Day 2019 may sound like it’s years away, but when it comes to Amazon’s biggest shopping day of the summer, you can never be too prepared.
So we’re taking a look at Prime Day 2018 to predict what shoppers can expect from Prime Day 2019. From Whole Foods discounts to the best Amazon hardware prices of the year, here’s what we’re predicting for Prime Day 2019.
What’s New with Prime Day 2019?
Amazon’s Prime Day is no longer a one-day event. Like Black Friday, it’s grown from a 24-hour celebration to a full-on shopping frenzy complete with its own countdown. Prime Day 2018 was a 36-hour event — the longest Prime Day ever — and there’s a good chance Prime Day 2019 will stretch to 48 hours.
Free multi-city events: Last year, Amazon sent giant “Smile” boxes to five cities across the world including New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan, and Tokyo. The “boxes” were opened prior to Prime Day and each box turned out being an actual event based on a Prime perk. New York’s event — a concert with Ariana Grande — was streamed live online. Los Angeles’ event — a PUBG Squad Showdown — was streamed on Twitch with a live performance by Deadmau5. We expect to see similar stunts by Amazon in 2019.
Prime Day Launches: Various brands took advantage of Prime Day 2018 to launch new products. Devices included the Delta Single Handle Touch Alexa-Activated Faucet ($499.99), Tewell Detachable Bluetooth Sound Bar ($109.99), and the Crayola 60th Anniversary Crayon Set ($10.99). These weren’t Amazon’s best-selling Prime Day devices, but we can see manufacturers taking advantage of Prime Day once again this year.
Whole Foods deals: In addition to a $10 Amazon credit, Prime members who shopped at Whole Foods also got an extra 10 percent off select items. Whole Foods will likely play another major role on Prime Day and we expect to see multiple Prime Now discounts as well.
Is Prime Day Really About the Discounts?
The purpose of Prime Day is simple — to promote Amazon’s Prime subscription service. Studies have shown that Prime customers spend more than twice what nonmembers do, so it’s no wonder Amazon is trying to spread the Prime love as much as it can.
What Kind of Prices Should I Expect?
There’s no doubt that you’ll find great deals on Prime Day. We just recommend you shop with caution, because not every deal will be a good deal. Make a list of the items you’d like to buy and stick to it.
Also, tools like CamelCamelCamel — a site that tracks the price history of many Amazon products — can help you spot fake deals from true price drops.
You’ll also want to put Fakespot.com in your bookmarks; this site can help determine whether the Amazon user reviews for a given product are legit or fake.
We’ve also created this list of Amazon devices and their Prime Day 2018 prices, so bookmark this page and check back whenever you see any of these items on sale.
- Fire HD 8 Tablet with Show Mode Charging Dock for $79.99 ($30 off)
- Echo Dot for $29.99 ($20 off)
- Echo Show for $129.99 ($100 off)
- Fire TV Stick for $19.99 ($20 off)
- Amazon Echo for $69.99 ($30 off)
- Echo Spot for $99.99 ($30 off)
- Fire 7 Tablet for $29.99 ($20 off)
- Fire TV Cube w/ Cloud Cam for $199.99 $149.98 ($90 off)
- Echo Spot w/ Ring Video Doorbell Pro for $278 ($101 off)
- Kindle for Kids Bundle for $99.99 $69.99 ($24.99 off)
- Fire HD 10 Kids Tablet 2-Pack for $299.98 ($100 off)
- Amazon Tap Portable Alexa Speaker for $84.99 ($45 off)
- TCL 49-inch 4K Smart Roku TV for $399.99 ($200 off)
- Toshiba 43-inch 4K Smart TV Fire TV Edition for $249.99 ($80 off)
- TCL 55-inch 4K Roku Smart TV for $584.99 ($215 off)
- Nintendo Switch w/ 64GB MicroSD and $20 eShop Gift Card for $299.99 ($41 off)
- Xbox One S 1TB Console Starter Bundle for $229.99 ($70 off)
- Nintendo New 3DS XL SNES Edition for $149.99 ($50 off)
- Samsung Chromebook 3 for $129 ($70 off)
- Acer Chromebook 11 for $139.99 ($80 off)
- Purchase an Echo, get 6 months free Music Unlimited ($50 off)
- Amazon Music Unlimited 4-Month Trial for $0.99 ($30 off)
- Kindle Unlimited 3-Month Membership for $0.99 ($20 off)
- Prime Now: $10 off today, $10 off next order for new users via code “20PRIMENOW”
- 3-Month Audible subscription for $4.95/month
Source: “Amazon Products” – Google News