Getty/Tariq Mikkel Khan
- Three children of billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen died in the Easter bombings in Sri Lanka on Sunday.
- The attacks left 290 people dead and wounded about 500.
- The billionaire fashion CEO, who is Denmark’s richest man, confirmed the news via a spokesperson to outlets on Monday.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen lost three of his four children in Sri Lanka on Sunday.
The fashion CEO and Denmark’s richest man confirmed to news outlets on Monday that they were killed in the bombings on churches and luxury hotels in the country that left 290 people dead and wounded about 500. Of that figure, 35 were foreign nationals.
He declined to give any additional detail surrounding the the incident, and asked that the media respect the family’s privacy.
"We have no further comment and we ask that the family’s privacy is respected at this time," a spokesperson for Bestseller told the UK’s Press Association news service.
Povlsen currently runs fashion company Bestseller as CEO, which includes the brands Vero Moda and Jack & Jones. He also owns the comapny is also the majority stakeholder in global online retailer Asos.
On Monday, the Sri Lankan government said the attacks were carried out by suicide bombers and that it was investigating a link into a local extreme Islamist group.
- Google built a tiny Street View car to map out one of the world’s largest model cities, and the results are incredible
- Video appears to show SpaceX’s new spaceship for NASA exploding during a safety test
- This guy made physical flip-flops out of Trump’s contradictory tweets — and he sold out his entire inventory in less than a month