- To celebrate its stock-market debut and 10th birthday, Beyond Meat is offering free food at several fast-food chains on Friday.
- This includes Carl’s Jr, Del Taco, and Bareburger.
- Beyond Meat is a meat-substitute company that went public on Thursday in an explosive IPO, after which it saw its stock soar by as much as 163%.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
To celebrate its stock-market debut this week, Beyond Meat is giving out free food at several US fast-food chains on Friday. This includes Carl’s Jr, Del Taco, and Bareburger, which sell its meat-free products.
The rules are different at each chain. At Carl’s Jr’s, for example, customers will need to purchase a drink and wish Beyond Meat a happy birthday — the company is now 10 — to be eligible for its free meatless burger.
Beyond Meat is also offering $3 off its products sold at certain stores.
It’s been a big week for this increasingly well-known meat-substitute company, which went public on Thursday in an explosive IPO, after which it saw its stock soar by as much as 163%.
Beyond Meat issued 9.63 million shares, up from its initial target of 8.75 million shares, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. That offering raised nearly $241 million.
Here are the full details of the deals:
1. Carl’s Jr.: Beyond Famous Star with cheese — available at all locations nationwide from 6 a.m. until close on Friday, May 3. Customers need to purchase a medium or large drink and wish Beyond Meat a happy birthday at the register.
2. Del Taco: Beyond Taco or Beyond Avocado Taco — available nationwide throughout Friday, May 3. The taco comes free with any purchase on the Del Taco app.
3. Bareburger: Beyond Burger — available free at all locations nationwide between 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, May 3. The burger can be redeemed when you purchase a side and a drink, and you’ll need to download the app on your phone.
4. Veggie Grill: VG Beyond Burger — available at all of its West Coast and Chicago locations between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday. To be eligible, customers need to be VG rewards app members and purchase a fountain drink.
5. Epic Burger: Beyond Burger — Chicago-based Epic Burger will be offering free burgers at Chicago stores between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday. Customers only need to purchase a side and a drink to be eligible for the deal.
- Where to buy Beyond Meat’s now-famous burger and tacos
- We tried burgers from 2 companies that want to replace meat with veggie patties that ‘bleed’ — and the winner is clear
- Beyond Meat CEO reveals his plan to convince meat eaters to eat vegan substitutes following the company’s explosive IPO