AP Images / Christophe Ena
- Bernard Arnault, the chairman and chief executive officer of LVMH, recently became the second-richest person in the world ahead of Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
- The company responsible for most of Arnault’s wealth, LVMH, owns over 70 high-end fashion brands including perfumes, alcohol, and clothes.
- LVMH trades on the Euronext Paris exchange, and the stock is up 48% year-to-date.
- We’ve compiled the six most recognizable brands Arnault owns.
- Visit the Markets Insider home page for more stories.
Bill Gates is no longer the second-richest person in the world.
Arnault’s ownership in LVMH helped lift his net worth to $108 billion as of Thursday’s market close. The Paris-based fashion house owns luxury brands in perfumes, watches, alcohol, and clothing.
LVMH is listed on the Euronext Paris exchange, and the company is trading up 48% year-to-date. The rise in places Arnault behind only Amazon founder Jeff Bezos in terms of overall net worth.
Here are some of the biggest brands owned by LVMH:
Katie Warren/Business Insider
Fun fact: Hennessy’s USA headquarters is located in New York City, and recently moved into the World Trade Center.
5. Marc Jacobs
Fun fact: Marc Jacobs, the founder of the label, left LVMH in 2013.
4. Christian Dior
Fun fact: LVMH purchased the Christian Dior brand for $13.1 billion in 2017.
- Astronauts explain why nobody has visited the moon in more than 45 years — and the reasons are depressing
- This wild golden chamber contains water so pure it can dissolve metal, and is helping scientists detect dying stars
- I got more than $2,000 worth of value from the American Express Platinum credit card in my first year — despite its $550 annual fee