- Apple announced the upcoming version of its iPhone operating system, iOS 13, on Monday during WWDC.
- iOS 13 comes with several updates, improvements, and new features.
- Currently, iOS 13 will only work on the iPhone XS back to the iPhone 6s.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple announced the latest version of its iPhone operating system on Monday during its WWDC event. It’s called iOS 13, and it’s coming in the fall of 2019.
iOS 13 is set to come with a bunch of new features and improvements, like dark mode, a better Photos app, signing into apps and services securely with Sign in with Apple, an improved Apple Maps, and Siri with a more natural voice, among many other upcoming features.
Sadly, but typically, iOS 13 isn’t coming to some older iPhones.
Here are all the iPhones that will get iOS 13 and all its features:
The iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR
The iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR were released in 2018.
The iPhone X
The iPhone X was released in 2017.
The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
The iPhone 8 was released in 2017.
- Yes, Apple just killed iTunes — here’s what that means for your library of music, movies, and TV shows
- Apple is finally adding ‘dark mode’ to the next version of the iPhone’s operating system — here’s how your iPhone will look in dark mode
- Here are the best updates coming to your iPhone this fall