- You can purchase a tiny-home from Chinese firm WZH Group on Amazon for less than a fraction of what the average home costs in the United States.
- This specific house expands with the click of a remote control and contains solar and wind power.
- Houses like these are appearing on Amazon as the demand for smaller homes is getting bigger.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
From necessities like paper towels and groceries to a new television or furniture, you can find almost anything you need for your home on Amazon. What few may realize, however, is that that the online retailer not only sells household accessories, but actual homes, too.
For example, you can purchase this expandable container house for just $23,800 on Amazon, plus $1,000 in shipping costs — a fraction of the $227,700 median price for a house in the United States, according to Zillow.
The house, which is sold by Hebei Weizhengheng Modular House Technology Group (WZH Group), a Chinese design firm that sells modular homes, can be expanded using a remote control. The home includes both wind and solar power systems, a small kitchenette, and a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower, as well as a living space.
Owners can also choose to wire the house with electricity instead of using solar or wind power, according to CNBC MakeIt. Based on the Amazon description, it also sounds like buyers can customize the materials the house is constructed from.
Miniature houses like the ones offered by WZH Group are cropping up on Amazon as the demand for smaller homes is getting bigger. More than half of adults surveyed by the National Association of Home Builders in 2018 said "yes" or "maybe" when asked if would purchase a home smaller than 600 square feet.
See below to take a look inside one of the modular homes WZH Group offers for sale on Amazon.
The module container house expands with a remote control. It features a folding deck and canopy, and solar panels can be seen on the roof.
The bathroom features a toilet and a sink, as shown below.
The living room area is large enough to fit a sofa, a small table, and chairs.
- The duo behind ‘Game of Thrones’ just signed a Netflix deal for TV and movies reportedly worth $200 million
- Here are the biggest differences between Samsung’s brand-new Galaxy Note 10 and the Galaxy S10
- Police are investigating a possible shooting threat at Twitch’s headquarters, but say there’s no longer an ‘active threat’