Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Amazon has introduced a new delivery option for Prime members called Amazon Day, which allows you to choose any day of the week (except Sunday) to receive all of your orders at one time.
- You won’t be locked in to whichever day you choose — you can change your day preference at any time.
- This predictable and less wasteful shipping program does not replace Amazon’s current same-day, one-day, two-day, and no-rush shipping policies. You can still pick and choose the most appropriate delivery option for each of your orders.
Rather than receive each individual order as soon as you’d like, you can now choose a specific day of the week when all your orders for that week will arrive together.
Amazon Day makes receiving orders more predictable and less wasteful. You’ll know exactly when your items will arrive each week and they’ll be grouped together in one box whenever possible, reducing packaging waste.
The Amazon Day program is part of Amazon’s Shipment Zero initiative, which aims to make all Amazon shipping net zero carbon, with 50% of all shipments made net zero by 2030.
Amazon Day is free to Prime members. Most items that are eligible for Prime free two-day shipping and are shipped by Amazon can be ordered with Amazon Day. Since eligibility varies, the best place to see if you can order your item with Amazon Day is at checkout.
It’s a great option to use if you regularly order from Amazon, aren’t in a rush to receive your item immediately, and want to reduce packaging waste. It’s also helpful for anyone who prefers or needs to be home to receive their deliveries.
How to use Amazon Day
When it comes time to check out, you’ll notice that Amazon Day is now a delivery option below the other Prime delivery options:
Click ‘Choose Your Amazon Day’ and the window below pops up. Your order can be delivered Monday through Saturday. All items ordered throughout the week will be delivered on your chosen day, as long as you order it at least two days beforehand.
Your Amazon Day preference is now saved. You can change the delivery day any time. You can also continue to choose Two-Day Delivery, No-Rush Shipping, and other delivery options for each of your orders.
That means you’re not locked into Amazon Day for all your future orders. Whenever you check out, you can still choose whichever delivery option works best for your situation, whether that’s tomorrow or in a few days on your designated Amazon Day.
Sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime to use Amazon Day and enjoy other Prime member benefits
- How to use Amazon Fresh to get groceries delivered straight to your door
- The best cockatiel food you can buy
- 8 top-selling indie beauty brands you can shop on Amazon right now