- Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was seen walking with the cast of "Queer Eye" in Washington on Thursday.
- The cast, known as the "Fab 5," was there to pressure lawmakers to support the Equality Act, which aims to ensure federal protections for LGBTQ people.
- Witnesses couldn’t contain their excitement when they saw the freshman Democrat strolling around Capitol Hill with the stars of the hit Netflix show.
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez strolled through Capitol Hill with four members of the cast of the hit Netflix show "Queer Eye" on Thursday and people who witnessed it could not contain their excitement.
The "Queer Eye" stars were there to promote the Equality Act — legislation that would implement federal protections for LGBTQ people. The law seeks to build off of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964, which ended de jure segregation and prohibited employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Republicans in Congress have sought to derail the legislation.
When people saw Ocasio-Cortez walking hand-in-hand with Jonathan Van Ness, one of the stars of the show, they went nuts. And so did the internet.
The "Queer Eye" cast, known as the "Fab 5," also met with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Ocasio-Cortez led the stars to the House Speaker’s office.
Ocasio-Cortez seems to have a budding relationship with the Fab 5.
She was seen interacting with star Bobby Berk on Twitter earlier this week. Berk offered to help the freshman Democrat, who is a rising star in Congress but also a top target for Republicans, redecorate her office.
- Here’s what former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz thinks about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez being too young to run for president
- ‘AOC sucks!’ Donald Trump Jr. prompts new chant as he says it’s ‘pretty scary’ to follow Ocasio-Cortez’s policies
- LGBTQ employees say the Department of Justice under Attorney General William Barr is ‘demoralizing’