- Microsoft executive vice president Jean-Philippe Courtois says every company is becoming a digital business.
- Courtois explains how Swiss food processing company Bühler is using technology to sort grain.
- Another example he gives is staffing company Adecco which he says Microsoft has partnered with Microsoft to analyze individual’s skills with the most relevant training online.
- Courtois also helps explain the phrase "tech intensity" which he says goes beyond just applying world class technology to your business. It means adding customization to fully integrate with that technology.
- When Courtois thinks about the moral implications of the cutting edge technology, he says one of the issues he is focused on is retraining workers to better master the skills needed in a digital economy.
Jean-Philippe Courtois, Executive VP at Microsoft sat down with Business Insider’s Sara Silverstein at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
- Western Union CEO: Migrants are responsible for $600 billion in payments a year, yet they "have no voice"
- A $265 billion investment chief says one of the most valuable economic indicators is signaling a recession in about 18 months
- Billionaire investment banker Ken Moelis reveals his thoughts on taxes, regulation, and winning the talent war against tech
Source: Business Insider