- An out-of-service Russian ship appears to have caught fire.
- Video of the flaming vessel went viral Tuesday, with local news reports saying no one was hurt.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A Russian cruise ship appears to have caught on fire, according to local news reports and videos posted to social media.
Tellerreport reported Tuesday that the Volga transport prosecutor’s office had responded to the incident on the three-deck "Holy Russia" ship, which was undergoing repairs near the town of Bon on the Volga River when it caught fire.
No one was on board at the time, the news website said.
RT, the Russian state-owned news channel, published video of firefighters battling the blaze. The agency said the ship has not been operational since 2018.
- A Carnival cruise ship with brown shower water and bagels covered in flies just got a terrible sanitation score
- Cruise-ship workers say they have so much sex that it’s comparable to college
- Tesla Model 3 catches fire after colliding with a parked truck in Moscow