Shannon Stapleton MS/Reuters
- Some of the world’s most exclusive golf courses are located in the New York City area.
- The wealthy pay top dollar for the ability to play on these courses — as much as $1 million in initiation fees.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Real estate’s bigwigs do not mess around when it comes to where they golf. From Stephen Ross to Harry Macklowe to Arthur Zeckendorf, here’s a look at the exclusive courses that they belong to — and the very steep price of admission they pay for that privilege.
See the full story "Gone Golfin’" here.
Atlantic Golf Club — Bridgehampton, New York
Cost: $200,000 initiation
Members: Harry Macklowe, Bill Rudin, Richard LeFrak
National Golf Links of America — Southampton, New York
Cost: $150,000 initiation plus $10,000 dues
Members: Michael Bloomberg, Brian Warwick
Sebonack Golf Club — Southampton, New York
Scott Halleran/Getty Images
Cost: $1 million initiation + annual dues
Members: Stephen Ross, Steve Witkoff, Jay Sugarman, Barry Sternlicht
- Venice is cutting back on cruise ships. Disappointing photos show what the Italian port city looks like in real life, from extreme overcrowding and devastating floods to cruise ship accidents
- The FBI raided one of Jeffrey Epstein’s private islands in the Caribbean, which locals call ‘Orgy Island’ and where airport workers say they saw him traveling with underage girls. Here’s an inside look at the properties.
- How much a night out will cost you in 50 of the most fun cities in the world
Source: Business Insider –