Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post via Getty Images
- A Costco membership’s primary benefit is access to the warehouse chain’s stores.
- Business Insider reached out to 49 Costco employees to get their insight on some of Costco’s more subtle perks.
- From Kirkland products to discounted vacations, here are a few surprising deals you can snag at Costco.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A Costco membership has its perks.
Some, like its delicious and cheap food court, are pretty obvious. But others aren’t as well-publicized.
Business Insider has spoken to 49 current and former Costco employees about some of the hidden benefits of the membership.
They discussed perks like cash-back offerings, the upside of the Kirkland brand, and a number of surprising products you can buy at Costco.
Here’s what they had to say:
Costco’s in-store Kirkland brand boasts high-quality products
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
One of the most subtle perks of a Costco membership is the brand’s private label, Kirkland.
"Buy Kirkland — it’s cheaper and the same product as the name brand," one Costco employee previously told Business Insider.
Costco often teams up with national brands to produce its Kirkland brand items while offering said items at a discount to members.
An executive membership at the warehouse will net you more savings
Getty Images/Tim Boyle
A standard membership at Costco is $60 a year. An executive membership will cost you double that, with an annual fee of $120. But if you plan on putting your membership to good use, the executive option might be a better deal.
Five Costco employees told Business Insider that they recommended springing for the executive membership, as it offers a 2% reward of up to $1,000 on your purchases.
Costco will hook you up for your next pizza party …
Technically, Costco is one of the largest pizza chains in the US. And, while the warehouse club doesn’t do delivery, if you call in advance you can swing by and pick up your pies of choice.
- We went shopping at Forever 21 to see why the retailer is reportedly considering a major turnaround plan
- The 117-year rise and fall of JCPenney, one of America’s largest department stores
- 21 products that prove Costco is a bulk shopper’s paradise