Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- There are lots of gifts you can give Mom this Mother’s Day — we’ve even been making lists of them.
- One of the best gifts you can give Mom is simple and totally free: some quality time spent together.
- That’s why we’re outlining some activities that make great shared experiences for you and Mom, and happen to make special Mother’s Day gifts too.
- If you’re looking for more inspiration, you can find all of our Mother’s Day 2019 gift ideas here.
There are so many ways to show Mom how much you appreciate her this Mother’s Day. Whether it’s a nice piece of jewelry to add to her collection or a new smart speaker to keep her connected, there are a lot of great gifts out there. But, there’s one gift that you can always count on to make Mom happy — time spent with you.
This Mother’s Day, get Mom something that doesn’t need wrapping paper. Instead, treat her to an experience that you can share. It doesn’t need to be an expensive or extravagant plan, but you can be sure it’ll be one of the most memorable gifts she gets.
Here are 7 experiences you and Mom can share, making them perfect Mother’s Day gifts:
A cooking class
A cooking class is a fun and educational activity you can enjoy together. Cozymeal offers a large range of cooking classes taught by professional chefs in cities across the US. Learn how to sharpen your knife skills, whip up classic Indian cuisine, or make your favorite shapes of pasta from scratch. The best part is that when you’re done, you get to taste the fruits of your labor and you can both go home with some new cooking skills to bring to the kitchen.
Find a full review of Cozymeal here.
A movie night
Netflix, Hulu, and an abundance of streaming services have made it easier than ever to watch films from home. That’s what makes a night out to the movies feel even more like a special occasion. Treat Mom to a classic movie night on you — popcorn and candy included. Head to Fandango to buy the tickets in advance so you don’t have to wait in any long lines, expect maybe at the concession stand.
You don’t have to take Mom across the world to make her feel like she’s on vacation. Book an Airbnb in your hometown — or a short drive away — for the weekend. Make an itinerary of fun activities you don’t usually do, restaurants you’ve never tried before, and spots you’ve still yet to check out to fill your time. It’s a fun way to experience your area in a whole new light, and who better to share that with than your mom?
- 50 unique gifts your mom actually wants to get for Mother’s Day — for every budget
- This popular online florist has more than 65 fresh bouquets for Mother’s Day — here are the best ones
- 17 running accessories we use to make our runs more enjoyable