AP Photo/Gerry Broome
- After a big weekend of marquee college basketball matchups, the AP Top 25 Poll had quite a shakeup in Week 15.
- The ACC and Big Ten lead all conferences with six teams in the rankings apiece, followed by the Big 12 with four and the SEC with three. The Pac-12, meanwhile, has no representation in the AP Top 25 Poll for the seventh consecutive week.
- Here are the five biggest winners and losers for Week 15 of the college basketball season.
▲ No. 2 Duke Blue Devils — Same spot in AP Top 25 Poll as last week
Mike Krzyzewski and the Duke Blue Devils are sitting pretty this week. After romping the Boston College Eagles by 25 points at Cameron Indoor Stadium Tuesday night, No. 2 Duke traveled to Charlottesville to take on the then-No. 3 Virginia Cavaliers at John Paul Jones Arena. The Blue Devils racked up 81 points against the notoriously stalwart Virginia defense to deal the Cavaliers a 10-point loss and sweep them on the season. Duke will take on the No. 16 Louisville Cardinals and unranked N.C. State Wolfpack this week before gearing up for a monster rivalry matchup against the No. 8 North Carolina Tar Heels Wednesday, Feb. 20.
▲ No. 17 Florida State Seminoles — Up 5 spots in AP Top 25 Poll
Frederick Breedon/Getty Images
The No. 17 Florida State Seminoles has themselves a week. First, they traveled to Syracuse and delivered an 18-point loss to the Orange at the Carrier Dome. Then, four days later, Florida State welcomed the No. 16 Louisville Cardinals to Tallahassee and dealt them a five-point overtime loss. The Seminoles have a light week coming up as they’ll face ACC bottom dwellers Wake Forest and Georgia Tech Wednesday and Saturday, respectively.
- Zion Williamson made his most athletic play yet with a blocked shot that will blow your mind
- Zion Williamson missed a massive reverse slam that could have been his best dunk of the entire season
- 5 biggest winners and losers in college basketball this week
Source: Business Insider