Sean Gallup/Getty Images
- Jack Ma, cofounder of Chinese retail site Alibaba, is one of the wealthiest people in the world.
- Business leaders turn to Ma for inspiration, and over the years he’s shared his thoughts on leadership, success, and education.
- Here are some of Ma’s best quotes.
- Visit Business Insider’s home page for more stories.
In 1999, the Chinese entrepreneur cofounded Alibaba, and 20 years later, the online retailer has half a billion customers and is among the most valuable on the web. The company rakes in more profit than Walmart and Amazon combined.
Lately, Ma has shifted his focus toward education and philanthropy, and last year, he announced he would retire from Alibaba to return to teaching.
Emerging business leaders turn to Ma for inspiration, and over the years he’s shared his thoughts on leadership, success, and education.
Here are 27 of the most brilliant quotes from Jack Ma.
"Leadership is your instinct, then it’s your training. Leaders are always positive, they never complain."
Andrew Burton/Getty Images
"I know nothing about technology, I know nothing about marketing, I know nothing about (the legal) stuff. I only know about people."
Source: Viva Tech Conference 2019
"A leader should incentivize, but not with money. You give trust, respect, appreciation, and correct, heartfelt advice."
Bryan Thomas/Getty Images
- Here’s the survey that $100 million VC fund Sinai Ventures uses to get direct feedback from its portfolio company founders
- The best planners you can buy for students and professionals
- This is how the world’s 5 youngest billionaires spend their time and money