Jennifer Stewart/Getty Images
- The first round of the 2019 NFL draft will be held on Thursday, April 25.
- The draft will air on ABC, ESPN, and the NFL Network.
- Across the league, teams will jockey for position, trading up and down with the hopes of filling places of need on their roster.
- The Oakland Raiders hold the most power heading into the 2019 draft, with an impressive three first-round picks.
The 2019 NFL draft is set to begin on April 25, when teams will get their first chance to claim players of this year’s draft class.
For most teams in the league, the opening night of the draft will be of monumental importance. Leading the pack is the Oakland Raiders, who have a whopping three first-round picks this year, and will be looking to reload after an impressive amount of talent was moved during the 2018 season.
Still, for every team with a pick in the first round, there are needs that will have to be addressed and difficult decisions to be made, as actions at the top of the draft can have far-reaching effects through the night.
Take a look below at the draft order for the first round of the 2019 NFL draft, as well as the needs that every team will likely be looking to address with their early picks.
1. Arizona Cardinals
AP Photo/Rick Scuteri
Team needs: OT/EDGE/CB/WR
2018 first round draft pick: Josh Rosen (QB)
One thing to know: While many first assumed the Cardinals would take Nick Bosa with the first overall pick, NFL insiders are now saying that new head coach Kliff Kingsbury would prefer to bring Kyler Murray to Arizona as the team’s next franchise quarterback — leaving the team in a difficult spot with sophomore quarterback Josh Rosen.
2. San Francisco 49ers
Team needs: EDGE/CB/S/WR
2018 first round draft pick: Mike McGlinchey (OT)
One thing to know: Should the Cardinals select Murray with the first pick, the 49ers will be in an amazing position to make some noise during the draft, with the option to pick Bosa, or trade the spot to another team hoping to draft the Ohio State edge rusher in exchange for more picks throughout the weekend.
3. New York Jets
AP Photo/Seth Wenig
Team needs: EDGE/DL/OT
2018 first round draft pick: Sam Darnold (QB)
One thing to know: The Jets have openly said they wouldn’t mind trading down in the draft if a sensible offer came around, and with plenty of solid edge rushers available this year, it could be a great time to drop back a bit for extra assets.
- NFL draft experts now project Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray to be the No. 1 pick, but there is a catch
- The 2 biggest QB mysteries in the NFL appear to be solved, and there could be huge implications for the rest of the draft
- The NFL world says the biggest debate of the NFL Draft is over after learning how tall star quarterback Kyler Murray actually is