- One of the best things to do with our furry best friends is jump in the car and go for a drive.
- But whether it’s just for an hour or days on end, you should be prepared for anything that might happen on the road.
- From doggy seat belts and first-aid kits to collapsible water bowls and toys, here are 20 items to stash in your doggy bag for long car rides.
For dog parents, driving around with their best friend’s tongue hanging out the window and ears flopping in the wind is a dream. But even if you’re just driving an hour to your favorite hiking spot or gearing up for a cross-country trip, it’s best to be prepared.
Dogs are a lot like babies in a sense — since they can’t tell us what’s wrong, us (bigger) humans have to figure it out. You wouldn’t leave your house without a diaper bag, so you shouldn’t leave the house without your doggy bag either (and no, I’m not talking about leftovers).
From safety gear like a seat belt and first-aid kit on hand to basic items like a water bowl and toys to keep them occupied, your doggy bag for car rides can never be too full (okay, that one might apply to your take-home container).
Here are 20 things you’ll need for car rides with your dog:
A doggy bag to hold supplies
Keep everything organized in this doggy travel bag with zippered main compartment, front pocket with magnetic closure, side pockets for water bottles and storage, and even a laptop sleeve. It also comes with two collapsible bowls and two 15-cup food storage containers.
A safety harness and seat belt
This adjustable strap and safety harness can be attached to most standard car seat belts to ensure your dog stays safe should an accident occur. If your dog tends to be overly wiggly, this dog seat belt can also help keep them in the back seat rather than behind the wheel.
A water bottle designed for dogs
If you’re going on a shorter ride or taking a walk during rest stops, this portable 18-oz water bottle converts into a bowl so your dog stays hydrated — just tilt the bottle until water collects into the large spout.
- 20 cheap products under $50 from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that are sure to sell out
- The best sleep masks you can buy
- The best men’s backpacking backpacks you can buy