Associated Press/Alex Brandon
- President Donald Trump has an incredibly close relationship with Fox News and certain Fox hosts.
- Since Trump took office, his administration has also hired over a dozen current and former Fox News executives and contributors to serve in a wide range of roles.
- Here are 19 people who have worked both for Fox News and have severed in Trump’s administration.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump has a well-documented love of Fox News, known to spend hours watching (and sometimes live-tweeting) Fox programming and even calling his favorite Fox hosts, like Sean Hannity and Lou Dobbs, for advice.
Since Trump took office, his administration has also hired over a dozen current and former Fox News reporters and contributors to serve in both high-level cabinet and deputy chief of staff posts, as ambassadors, and in communications roles at federal agencies, according to an analysis by Matt Gertz, a senior fellow at the liberal media watchdog Media Matters.
And some former administration officials — including Trump’s trusted former communications director Hope Hicks — have left the White House to work at Fox.
Trump’s cozy relationship with the network has created a well-oiled revolving door between Fox and the Trump administration.
Here are 19 people who have worked both for Fox News and have served in Trump’s administration.
Former White House communications director Hope Hicks is currently a senior public relations executive at Fox.
J. Scott Applewhite/AP
Former Trump Deputy campaign manager David Bossie is an on-air analyst at Fox.
Source: Fox News
Trump’s former acting ICE Director Thomas Homan became a Fox News contributor in June 2018.
Associated Press/Evan Vucci
Source: Fox News
- POWER RANKING: Here’s who has the best chance of becoming the 2020 Democratic presidential nominee
- MONEY MATTERS: Fundraising can make or break a presidential campaign — here’s how every 2020 Democrat is doing after the election’s first major deadline
- The 2020 Democratic field could produce the oldest or youngest president in history — here’s how old all 20 candidates would be if they took office