- Several retailers offer loyalty programs offering customers perks and rewards for their continued shopping.
- We compiled 18 of the best loyalty programs in retail, comprising industries from books to clothing and beauty products.
- The loyalty programs offer customers free items, exclusive deals, and discounts on future purchases.
In today’s retail landscape, the fight for customers is fiercer than ever.
Loyalty programs may be the oldest marketing trick in the book, but they remain one of the most effective for getting consumers to stick with a company. Companies in industries from books to beauty products offer alluring perks and rewards for loyal customers.
“Today’s most successful customer-loyalty programs are engaging and retaining customers by building an emotional connection to the brand and making participation in the program effortless,” Kim Courvoisier, head of content marketing at Thanx, a customer engagement platform, told Business Insider.
“The strategy is paying off for retailers who are doing everything they can to compete in an environment of declining foot traffic and decreased margins.”
With that in mind, here’s a look at 18 loyalty programs worth considering signing up for.
AP Images / Steven Senne
“When signing up for the ExtraCare card, CVS tracks your purchases throughout the year and rewards shoppers with ExtraBucks that act as free money to pay for your next shopping trip,” Sara Skirboll, shopping & trends expert at RetailMeNot, a coupon website, told Business Insider.
"Shoppers who sign up for the ExtraCare card also have access to special sale prices that regular customers don’t."
Scott Olson/Getty Images
For loyal Target shoppers, the REDcard is a must-have.
“It saves shoppers 5% on every purchase, gives free shipping for online orders, and an additional 30 days for returns with no annual fee,” said Skirboll.
Barnes & Noble
Business Insider/Jessica Tyler
Cost: $25 annually
“For only $25 a year, you’ll score 40% off pricing on hardcover bestsellers, 10% off on almost all other purchase, and free express shipping on all online purchases,” Beauty Kitchen founder Heather Marianna told Business Insider.
- A sommelier ranked cheap wines from Costco, Target, Trader Joe’s, BJ’s, and Lidl and said this retailer did best overall
- 12 devices and services that could help you ditch Amazon completely
- These 15 brands are favorites of college-educated consumers making over $75,000 a year
SEE ALSO: How Walmart keeps its prices so low