David McNew/ Getty
- You can get great deals at Walmart, but not every product is worth buying.
- We spoke to retail and health experts who helped separate the good from the bad at America’s biggest retail store.
- Here are 17 products worth buying at Walmart, and 14 more you can skip.
Walmart is known for its product breadth and value, but that doesn’t mean that everything is a sure bet.
Although you’ll find great deals at America’s largest retailer, not every product is worth your money. Cheap appliances, for example, might fall apart sooner than you’d expect, and certain food products might not be as healthy as their labels suggest.
It’s also very easy to leave Walmart with hundreds of dollars in unintended impulse purchases of products you know little about.
With that in mind, we asked retail and health experts to separate the good from the bad, so next time you head to the megastore, you’ll have a well-planned list in hand.
Here are 17 things you should buy at Walmart, and 14 others you can skip.
Buy: Sterilite 27-quart storage bins ($5.98)
Trying your best to channel Marie Kondo? These plastic storage bins will be a lifesaver.
"I love that they’re clear, so you can see what’s inside without having to pull everything out," YouTube beauty blogger and Beauty Kitchen founder Heather Marianna told Business Insider. "They fit a lot inside, are easy to carry, and stay super sturdy — I’ve also found that they’re often $5 to $7 more at other retailers.”
Skip: Sunbeam Armington 7-piece cookware set, ($27.26)
Check out the reviews of this low-price cookware and you’ll find several unsatisfied customers — more than 50% of the 214 reviewers gave the product just one star.
According to some of the reviews, these pots and pans burn quickly and easily and the non-stick coating is liable to peel off after just a few uses.
Buy: Duck original 3/16 bubble wrap, 12 in. x 30 ft. ($4.97)
"The UPS Store charges two to three times the price for the same thing," Marianna said. "As a business owner that is constantly shipping out beauty and skincare products, buying this in bulk at Walmart saves me big time."
- We compared meals at Applebee’s and Chili’s — and the winner was obvious
- Walmart is quietly closing stores — here’s the full list
- I tried 3 types of coffee from Starbucks, McDonald’s, and Dunkin’ — and the winner was clear