Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- Job site Indeed released its annual list of the top companies to work for if you value work-life balance.
- The companies ranged from retail to finance, but many real estate firms nabbed the top spots.
- Here are the top 15 companies that allow employees more time outside work.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Striking a balance between life and work seems easy, but many haven’t figured it out yet.
Many tech moguls preach that work should become your life. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, for instance, says there should not be any trade off between life and work: "I get asked about work-life balance all the time. And my view is, that’s a debilitating phrase because it implies there’s a strict trade-off," he said. "It actually is a circle. It’s not a balance."
Some companies appeal directly to employees looking for more time outside the office. The job site Indeed crunched the numbers to find employers that offer hardworking employees opportunities to spend time for themselves.
While the list spanned numerous industries, real estate firms took most of the top spots, with Keller Williams Realty scoring #1 for the second year in a row.
Here are all the other companies that reportedly offer employees the best work-life balance:
15. Johnson and Johnson offers eight weeks of paid leave to all new parents at any of their operating companies around the world.
14. American Express places a huge emphasis on "developing and growing talent."
Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for American Express
13. Booz Allen Hamilton, a management consulting firm, offers a collaborative environment with opportunities for career growth, according to Indeed reviews.
- 10 smartphone habits that are getting in the way of your success
- 9 expert-approved tips to land the plum promotion you deserve
- 11 common traits of highly intelligent people