Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- The best tech gifts for mom are the ones that make her life easier and happier.
- We’ve rounded up some of our favorite pieces of tech that moms will love.
- If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, you can check out more Mother’s Day 2019 gift ideas here.
- For the interesting and out-of-the-ordinary, try the fun selection of gifts at Uncommon Goods. If there’s a new mom in your life, she’ll appreciate these useful gifts geared for new motherhood. And good, old-fashioned flowers are never a bad choice.
The stereotype goes that moms are tech illiterate, but as tech goes more and more mainstream, that’s not the case anymore. Any mom, tech savvy or no, can appreciate a good gadget that makes her life easier and happier.
Whether the mom in your life is a bookworm who loves to read, a fitness fanatic who enjoys a good workout, or a new mom who wants the best for her baby, we have a tech gift for her.
Read on to check out the best tech gifts for moms:
An alarm clock that uses light to wake her up gently
Moms work hard and they often have to wake up early. Just because she has to wake up before the sun rises that doesn’t mean she has to awaken to the blaring of an obnoxious alarm clock.
Philips makes a lovely alarm clock that gradually lights up to mimic the sunrise and wake her up naturally. The light alarm clock also displays the time and has customizable sounds so she can wake up feeling rested and ready for the day. This clock is the top pick in our buying guide, so you can be sure she’ll love it.
A fun grip for her phone
Tech products can look and feel generic until we put our stamp on them, and PopSocket grips are a great way to add personality to a boring phone or case. PopSockets has hundreds, if not thousands, of fun phone grips in all kinds of materials, colors, and patterns. No matter what your mom likes, you’re sure to find a style that will match her taste and personality.
In addition to looking super cute, PopSocket grips make it easier to hold a large phone comfortably, give a better grip, and also double as a kickstand for watching video or sharing photos with others. These grips are among the best iPhone accessories I’ve tried.
A piece of smart jewelry
If your mom cares more about style than high-tech features, but she still wants a piece of tech to track her activity, she may love a piece of smart jewelry. Bellabeat makes our favorite smart jewelry hands down. Both the Leaf Urban and the Chakra are lovely pieces of smart jewelry that can be worn as pendants on a necklace or as a clip on clothing. If your mom prefers bracelets, the Leaf Urban can also be worn as a bracelet.
Both models track activity and sleep quality. Your mom can also use the app to keep tabs on how much water she drinks, her period, and her mindfulness minutes. The app even has a cool meditation feature to give your mom a few minutes of tranquility each day.
- A mother of 2 turned her Etsy shop for adorable baby shoes into a ‘Shark Tank’ hit — it’s now a multi-million dollar business
- 50 Mother’s Day gifts you can find at Target, from the practical to the unexpected
- Rent the Runway’s Unlimited subscription makes a perfect Mother’s Day gift — here’s why