- You probably eat and enjoy fruits and vegetables for their many nutritional benefits. Filled with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, they also have many benefits for your skin and hair.
- A thick avocado mask, for example, makes for a highly effective moisturizer, while eye gels that contain cucumber help reduce under-eye puffiness.
- These 15 products contain extracts from fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon, pomegranate, and mushroom, to improve the health of your skin and hair.
Fruits and vegetables are more than just delicious foods that give your body the vitamins, minerals, and healthy energy it needs. They also make excellent and powerful ingredients in skin care and hair care and are another way you can enjoy their benefits without having to eat them (though you should still eat them).
The use of nature’s crops to treat our bodies goes back to the days of our ancestors, and while we may have more advanced skin-care techniques now, the basics of natural skin-care and beauty aren’t any less effective.
15 skin-care and hair-care products containing fruits and vegetables:
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist
Buy it here: Sephora, $28 | Amazon, $41.05
The fruit or vegetable: Watermelon
What it does: Watermelon contains vitamins A, C, and B, as well as potassium, giving your face a fresh dose of nutrients. It also soothes and hydrates irritated skin.
Briogeo Apple Superfoods Shampoo & Conditioner
Buy it here: Sephora, $48
The fruit or vegetable: Kale, spinach, broccoli, apple, cucumber, lemon, grapefruit, beet, orange, seaberry
What it does: The greens your parents were always pushing you to eat do wonders for your hair, strengthening the roots and hair shaft and supporting a healthy scalp. The health drink-inspired products cleanse, nourish, and hydrate hair without stripping it of moisture.
Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash
Buy it here: Sephora, $33
The fruit or vegetable: Strawberry, black currant
What it does: Real strawberry juice is mixed with sugar crystals to immediately remove your skin’s impurities and help your complexion look healthier. The berries also make the face wash smell amazing (like candy or jam), which is a nice wake-up call as you wash your face in the morning.
- The best active men’s cargo pants you can buy for work or outdoors
- 15 cool startups you didn’t know were on Amazon
- The best disposable drinkware you can buy