Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Keeping a small kitchen organized can be a difficult feat, especially if you live with roommates.
- Less countertop and cabinet space means that household essentials like pots and pans, spices, and cooking utensils turn into a cluttered mess.
- I’m currently figuring out the best solutions for my own apartment, and I’ve come across quite a few clever options on my hunt. Below you’ll find 12 of them.
As a recent grad living in New York City, I’m learning the ins-and-outs of managing life in a place with limited square footage. My micro-abode is shared with three other roommates, meaning that every inch of our place is packed with our belongings and household essentials — and the kitchen is by far the most chaos-plagued room in our apartment.
I know I’m not the only grown adult navigating life in a toy-sized kitchen, because stores like Amazon, Target, and Bed Bath and Beyond are stocked with space-saving products that help to you make the most of limited counter and cabinet space (while still being able to access all your cooking necessities).
I found some really useful products that were made to save precious counter-top real-estate so you’ll actually have room to make something other than your go-to microwave meal.
Take a look at these 12 space-saving products that you can (and should) be using in your small kitchen to keep clutter at bay.
A Lazy Susan that doesn’t require counter space
Instead of finding a large container to store all your kitchen utensils, you might want to opt for this hanging Lazy Susan instead. It can hold anything from small measuring cups and spoons to larger tools like spatulas and ladles. It needs to be drilled in with screws, so if you’re renting, you may want to avoid this one — but we suspect it’d be possible to hang it with Command Strips instead for damage-free installation.
A magnetic knife bar to mount on your wall
When counter space is limited, a wood block knife holder may not be an immediate priority. This magnetic bar will securely hold your knives on a wall — and the package comes with an easy installation kit so you can be sure you’re drilling in the right place.
This fruit basket to keep your groceries in one place
This two-tier basket comes in multiple sizes, including a smaller countertop unit and a larger floor unit. The small one actually makes great use of vertical counter space, though, since you can pop your K-cups, snacks, fruit, or any other groceries that won’t fit in the cabinets.
- Hungryroot’s plant-based meal delivery service helps me assemble healthy meals in under 10 minutes
- 3 products I rely on to help me pack and stay organized while I travel
- This cup turns hot coffee into iced coffee almost instantly — and it has saved me a ton of money on my favorite cold drinks