- Applying for a job can be an extremely stressful process — especially when you have little to no experience in that given field.
- Glassdoor recently released their top picks for jobs that don’t require past experience.
- Here are 11 jobs where you don’t need any experience, plus the salaries for each position.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
You can’t get a job without experience, but you can’t get experience without a job. It’s a Catch 22, and there are few things more frustrating than going to apply for an entry-level job, only to discover they’re looking for candidates with at least 2 or 3 years experience.
Whether you’re changing careers or just starting out, finding an entry-level position that doesn’t require a lengthy resume can be difficult. Even some jobs that are posted as entry-level nevertheless require internships or some kind of relevant job experience.
However, you may be surprised to discover there are many jobs available that don’t require any experience at all.
Glassdoor recently released their list of jobs that require no experience, as well as the salaries for each job.
Here are 11 entry-level jobs that don’t require any prior experience.
Customer service representative
Average yearly salary: $30,688
What they do: They handle customer inquiries, help solve customers’ problems, and provide technical support, most often remotely. A training course may be required, but no other prior experience may be necessary for entry-level customer service jobs.
Home care aid or home health aid
Caring Across Generations
Average yearly salary: $26,118
What they do: Home care aids or home health aids provide some medical attention in-home, usually supervised by a nurse or doctor. In addition to helping senior citizens with day-to-day tasks, they may also administer medications, change bandages, and check vital signs like temperature, pulse, and respiration rates.
Publicity assistant or public relations assistant
Mike Windle/Getty Images
Average yearly salary: $45,498
What they do: Public relations assistants communicate between the brand or client and their desired audience. Glassdoor explains that while no experience may be required, many larger public relations firms offer training programs for the first one to two years you’re in the business. People skills are a major necessity, as are impressive writing capabilities.
- 27 high-paying jobs for people who love to read
- 22 high-paying tech jobs for people who love being glued to their computer screens
- 22 high-paying jobs for people who hate math