- You’ve been cruising around in your RV all summer but when it’s time to store it away, give it some well-deserved care and attention to get the most out of it on your next outing.
- Whether you’re storing your RV close to home or someplace farther away, these handy tips from industry professionals and other RV users are a practical will help ensure your RV is ready to hit the road again later
- As a rule, start from inside-out and top to bottom for a thorough cleaning job.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Read on for everything you need to know about preparing your RV for storage after a summer road trip.
1. First the inside: Clear all cabinets, especially inside the kitchen and bath. Take out food, oils, spices and liquids that could result in mold growth or attract rodents.
"Leaving out rodent poison or deterrents is recommended to prevent infestation but definitely avoid using mouse traps as that could leave decomposing critters stinking up your RV," says JUCY RV Rentals General Manager Hiron Menon.
2. Remember: Also remove anything in cans or bottles that can break or expand and explode in the RV.
Christian Augustin/Getty Images
This includes cleaning supplies that can spill and cause damage if left inside. Turn off the refrigerator and leave the door open to avoid mold growth. Leave a box of baking soda inside to mask any odors.
3. Spring clean away: Scrub all surfaces, vacuum all carpets.
Monika Skolimowska/picture alliance via Getty Image
Wipe down the interior of your RV, clean all filters and vents, and dry all work and resting surfaces. Wash linens and awnings, and ensure the entire interior area is completely dry.
- I drove a $50,000 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison to see if a midsize pickup built for offroading could handle everyday life
- 8 tips for servicing your car after a summer road trip
- I drove a $610,000 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ and I’m here to tell you that this is the most insane supercar money can buy
Source: Business Insider –