Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider, Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Don’t be fooled by the warmer days and sunnier skies. Rainy season is still in full effect, so make sure to keep an umbrella on hand.
- Instead of banking on an overpriced, shoddy umbrella from the first store you see, get one of these 10 top-rated umbrellas, all under $20.
- If you’re willing to spend more than $20, check out our guide for the best umbrellas you can buy.
A few years ago, I got caught in an unexpected torrential downpour while waiting outside a restaurant to be seated. Desperate to prevent my entire body from getting soaked, I popped into the nearest drugstore to grab one of the few remaining $15 umbrellas left on the stand.
Salvation! Or so I thought. I’m not exaggerating when I say I didn’t even make it down one block before the umbrella broke. There goes $15 along with any hope of staying dry that night.
Warm, dry months are just around the corner, but in the meantime, spring still has some surprise showers up its sleeve. If you’re currently without an umbrella, you can still equip yourself with a good one without spending more than $20.
Unlike the model that literally only lasted seconds in my tragic tale above, the umbrellas below are sturdy and reliable, and they have the satisfied reviews to prove it. Most are also available on Amazon and with Prime shipping, so you can receive your umbrella quickly if you notice the upcoming week has rain in store for your city.
Ultimately, they’re probably not going to be as long-lasting as more expensive styles, but for now, and for less than $20, they’ll do the trick.
Shop 10 top-rated umbrellas under $20 to get you through the rainy season.
A sturdy, compact umbrella that also comes with a leather cover
Rating: 4.3 stars from 1,100+ reviews
A long umbrella with a classic J stick handle
Rating: 4.3 stars from 970+ reviews
An umbrella that both opens and closes with a push of a button
Rating: 4.7 stars from 460+ reviews
- 12 packing essentials on every business traveler’s list
- TomboyX has single-handedly changed my underwear standards forever with its comfortable, gender-inclusive styles
- 9 experiential gifts college grads will love — according to a recent college grad