You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, May 31, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m.] Spend the season sipping wine during sunset hour at Barnsdall Art Park’s Friday Night Wine Party Series. Happening on the lawn of architectural gem the Hollyhock House the evening features a fine selection of wines curated by Silverlake Wine, a live DJ and tours of the house. The series happens every Friday evening till September 6.
2. [6 p.m.] On Friday the Skirball Cultural Center will host a late-night celebration of the exhibitions Fearless Fashion: Rudi Gernreich and Black Is Beautiful: The Photography of Kwame Brathwaite. The evening will include after-hours access to the galleries, a set by Hello DJ, food trucks, a cash bar, and more.
3. [6 p.m.] Head to L.A. LIVE for a country street party presented by Absolut called Round Up. Guest will enjoy outdoor activities including cornhole, live music, line dancing, country-themed vendors, a beer garden and $5 food & drink menus at participating L.A. LIVE restaurants.
4. [7 p.m.] The 14th Annual Lummis Days returns May 31 through June 2 for a celebration that gathers the community to honor the arts, history and ethnic diversity of Northeast Los Angeles through a number of educational and cultural events. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] Hershey Felder returns to the Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts with Hershey Felder: A Paris Love Story. Playwright and performer, Hershey Felder will take audiences on a journey into the life and music of Impressionist composer Claude Debussy. The show runs May 24 through June 9. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Whisky Extravaganza: Los Angeles comes to City Market Social House for an indulgent evening of whisky tasting from over 100 of the world’s best whiskies. Whisky inspired bites, cocktails and masterclasses will also be in the mix.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Redondo Beach Pier will host a free movie screening of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World this Friday at 7:30 p.m. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Pop’s Bagels will host a Bagel Triathlon to celebrate the first weekend of LA Pride. The pop-up will happen at Little Dom’s, 101 Coffee Shop and MiniBar Hollywood. The menu includes double decker pizza bagels, an Italian tuna and a patty melt on a rye bagel. A portion of proceeds will benefit the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
9. [various] LA Pride Week returns to Los Angeles May 31 – June 9 for community-oriented events designed to support the LGBTQ+ community from West Hollywood and beyond. This year’s events include the LGBT Night at Dodger Stadium on May 31, the 3rd Annual LA Pride Night at Universal Studios Hollywood on June 1, and the 2019 Trans Brunch on June 2.
10. [various] Hola Mexico Film Festival, the largest Mexican film festival outside of Mexico happens May 31 through June 8 in various venues around Los Angeles. Opening night includes LAS NIÑAS BIEN (THE GOOD GIRLS) at the Montalbán Theatre in Hollywood. The festival also host exclusive parties and outdoor concerts. Find the full schedule here. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL: $9 tix to Street Food Cinema in Griffith Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for May 31, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff