You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, May 25, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Fiesta Hermosa happening May 25-27 is a free annual beach party featuring local vendors, food, beer gardens, games and live music right in the heart of Downtown Hermosa Beach. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] RuPaul’s DragCon Los Angeles 2019 comes to the Los Angeles Convention Center May 24 – 26 for three days of art, pop culture, and all things drag. The convention features panels, photo ops, meet and greets, shopping, and much more.
3. [10 a.m.] The 46th annual Topanga Days Country Fair returns to Pine Tree Circle May 25 – 27 for its iconic, bohemian fundraiser in the Santa Monica Mountains. This family-friendly three-day festival includes musical acts on two stages, old school contests and games, local artisans, craft vendors, food and an annual Memorial Day parade.
4. [11:45 a.m.] The Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival is set to take over Rancho Santa Susana Community Park this Memorial Day weekend May 25-26 with live music, Cajun-Creole food, a Mardi Gras Parade, kid friendley activities and more.
5. [noon] The 46th Annual Valley Greek Festival comes to Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church from May 25-27 for food, dancing, and fun in true Greek fashion. Highlights include traditional Greek music, traditional food and family-friendly activities.
7. [6 p.m.] Electronic composer Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith will host an hour long meditation at the Getty Museum’s Central Garden. Set to the sounds of her new album Tides: Music for Meditation and Yoga, the event starts at 6 p.m. and guests are encouraged to bring their own mats. FREE
8. [6:45 p.m.] Head to Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for screenings of films modern, cult, and classic. This Saturday they’ll screen Legally Blonde.
9. [7 p.m.] One City One Pride LGBTQ Arts Festival is a 40 day celebration through mostly free art events and exhibits between May 22 through June 30. This Saturday and Sunday, New Stages presents “I Do,” a musical based on the life stories of, and performed by, LGBTQ seniors. FREE
10. [various] The Queen Mary will offer free admission to all U.S. active and retired military personnel during Memorial weekend May 25-27. The ship will have reenactments, demonstrations, appearances by historical figures, and lectures.
#SPONSORED DEAL: $5 tix to Eat|See|Hear screenings in Chinatown (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for May 25, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff