You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, May 18, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] FITatFIG returns to the FIGat7th Plaza on Saturday for a daylong celebration of fitness with some of the best celebrity trainers and lifestyle gurus. FREE
2. [9 a.m.] Monrovia Days 2019 takes place May 17-19. The community fair will feature games, rides, food, vendors, a parade, live entertainment, and more to celebrate the city’s birthday. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] One Colorado in Old Pasadena will host a Garden Party Benefit for Bob Baker Marionette Theaterto raise funds for the theater’s upcoming move to Highland Park. There will be three ticketed performances for the day, one at 10 a.m., noon, and 2 p.m. The event also features a raffle, puppet-making activities, and a selfie station.
4. [11 a.m.] ARTSea Marina Del Rey’s annual party on the beach returns to Marina (Mother’s) Beach on May 18 and 19 for an oceanside celebration featuring art installations, live performances, interactive workshops, food trucks, and more. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Downtown Burbank Arts Festival 2019 returns May 18 – 19 for its 16th year for a two-day outdoor festival featuring 200 artists, famous Disney animators, interactive experiences, special appearances, and much more. FREE
6. [noon] Filipino Garage Party comes to the Rooftop of The Standard in Downtown L.A. for the ultimate potluck-style celebration of Filipino food and culture with some of the best Filipino chefs as part of the L.A. Times Food Bowl series.
7. [2 p.m.] Griffith Observatory invites Angelenos to a day-long celebration of the Moon in honor of 50th Anniversary of Apollo 10. There will be a star party and a special presentation of All Space Considered Remembers Apollo 10 a look back at the historic mission to the Moon. The celebration takes place on the Griffith Observatory lawn and in the Leonard Nimoy Event Horizon. FREE
8. [5:30] Descanso Gardens will host a Night Garden event fun for all ages centered around the science of nature. Guests will enjoy science minded activities, live music, food and more.
9. [6 p.m.] Off the 405, free concerts at the Getty will host a performance by Sasami and a DJ set by Linda Nuves of Chulita Vinyl Club in the museum courtyard. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Disney’s The Little Mermaid will transform the iconic Hollywood Bowl into an “under the sea” wonderland on May 17 and 18 for an immersive live-to-film concert experience. The audience will enjoy the film broadcasted on the Bowl’s movie screen while a star studded cast performs live with an orchestra. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for May 18, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff