You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, May 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The Pasadena Showcase House of Design will take place at the Boddy House on the grounds of Descanso Gardens in La Cañada Flintridge from April 21 through May 19.
2. [2 p.m.] POP SK8 brings a pop-up outdoor roller-skating rink to the Westfield Valencia now through May 27.
3. [5 p.m.] Downtown Long Beach Alliance’s monthly Live After 5 event will celebrate Bike Month with a free bicycle drive-in screening of Ferriss Bueller’s Day Off at The Promenade. Bring the whole family it’s open to all ages. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] This summer the Queen Mary is hosting a monthly summer movie screening series on the lawn adjacent to the historic ship. Films will be screened monthly, with the series kicking off on May 16 with Mamma Mia! Admission is free, but parking will cost $10 per vehicle.
5. [8 p.m.] Beethoven & Brahms at Zipper Concert Hall.
6. [8:30 p.m.] The Magic And Mayhem Show at Two Bit Circus is a wild and unpredictable show hosted by MadTad a member of the world famous Magic Castle. This month he’ll be joined by other acts including stand up, puppetry, a former clown and a world class female magician.
7. [9 p.m.] The Chemical Brothers live at The Greek Theatre.
8. [10 p.m.] Salsa Night at Clifton’s.
9. [various] If Halloween and horror movies are your favorite topics then I Like Scary Movies Experience will be just what you’re looking for. Guests can expect to see, hear, feel, and smell recreations of iconic moments from IT (2017), Beetlejuice, The Shining, The Lost Boys, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. There won’t be costumed actors jumping out trying to startle but there will be multi-sensory surprises along your winding path. The pop-up experience runs April 4 through June 16 Thursday through Sunday. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (all day), MOCA Grand (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for May 16, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff