You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, May 11, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Travel Expo comes to the Pasadena Convention Center for a consumer-focused, experiential travel exhibition featuring industry leaders, influencers, travelers, tour operators offering guests panel discussions, interactive roundtables, and more.
2. [10 a.m.] Unique Markets Spring Pop-Up comes to the California Market Center May 11 – 12 for a curated shopping experience. This pop-up features one-of-a-kind gifts from modern, independent designers, artists, and emerging brands. Aside from shopping, Unique Markets offers two afternoons of fun music, free bites, drinks, DIY projects, and a photo booth.
3. [11 a.m.] Celebrate mom all weekend long by first stopping at ROW DTLA for their Mother’s Day celebration with plenty of activities for the whole family including glam sessions from BeGlammed and workshops with Makers Mess and Still Life Ceramics. There will be special deals and activities from many vendors at ROW DTLA and dollar oysters and rosé specials will be offered at Rappahannock Oyster Bar. Baby2Baby will be onsite to accept donations like diapers, toys and other supplies for Angelenos who want to give back.
4. [11 a.m.] There’s a Gudetama’s Lazy Diner Experience happening in Little Tokyo every Saturday of this month. There is no actual food at this pop-up but rather a space designed to look like a diner that folks can explore.
5. [noon] Santa Monica Cultural Affairs presents Indigenous Now, a day of dance, music, spoken word and visual art by Indigenous artists based in Los Angeles, Santa Rosa, and Santa Fe. The event is free to attend and takes place at Tongva Park. FREE
6. [noon] Newly opened Barcade in Highland Park will host a Family Day this Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. They’ll have a kids menu for the occasion and arcade games will keep every family member happy.
7. [1 p.m.] L.A. Times Food Bowl Night Market comes to Grand Park May 8 – 12 for an outdoor celebration of Los Angeles’ deliciously diverse food scene. Each of the five nights feature a specific theme, an array of food vendors, pop-ups, chef collaborations, art installations and live music all in one space. Saturday’s event has two themes: L.A.’s Best Burger and Dumplings, Noodles and Rice.
8. [2 p.m.] Los Angeles LGBT Center will host the second annual WxW: For Women. By Women., a community celebration for LBTQ women and their allies. Held jointly at the Center’s Village at Ed Gould Plaza and the new Anita May Rosenstein Campus located directly across the street, the free event will include live music, performance art, a short film screening, a gender and size inclusive fashion show, interactive LBTQ-centric activities, and more. FREE
9. [6 p.m.] This Saturday waterfront brewery Brouwerij West hosts the first of five free 2019 summer concerts as part of their annual Popfuji series. Saturday’s event kicks off at 6 p.m. and features co-headliners Starcrawler and Death Valley Girls, plus multiple food trucks on hand and plenty of craft beer for purchase. Admission is free. FREE
10. [various] The formerly anonymous art collective now known as The Art Department first captured Angelenos attention when they created the Griffith Park Teahouse in 2015. Now they’re back again with a new installation called Dandelions, which promises surreal factory of flowers somewhere south of Downtown L.A. (details are intentionally vague). The installation runs May 9, 11 and 12, and is free to the public. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for May 11, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff